Customer Complaint Procedures

Resolving Your Concerns

At Home Trust Company, we are committed to providing the best possible service to all our customers.

We understand that sometimes you have concerns, and we welcome your suggestions and comments.

If you have a complaint, following the steps provided will ensure it is addressed as quickly as possible.

Step 1: Start at the beginning

You should start by contacting the representative at Home Trust you were dealing with initially. If this person is unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, ask to speak with the manager or team leader of the business area. They will have the authority to resolve most problems immediately.

Step 2: Contact an Escalated Complaint Manager

If you are not satisfied with the resolution in Step 1, you may contact one of the Escalated Complaint Managers located at each branch:

Calgary 1.866.235.3081
Halifax 1.888.306.2421
Montréal 1.866.542.0129
Toronto 1.800.990.7881
Vancouver 1.866.235.3080

If your complaint relates to Home Trust Visa, you can contact the Home Trust Visa Customer Service Department directly at 1.888.281.7793.

Step 3: Contact the Home Trust Ombudsman or Chief Privacy Officer

If your complaint remains unresolved after following Steps 1 and 2, you may contact Home Trust’s Ombudsman or, if privacy related, Chief Privacy Officer.

Home Trust Company Ombudsman
145 King Street West
Suite 2300
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 1J8

Telephone:   416.775.5008
Toll free:        1.877.903.2133, ext. 5008
Fax:                416.360.2441

Home Trust Company
Chief Privacy Officer
145 King Street West
Suite 2300
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 1J8

Telephone:   416.775.5075
Toll free:        1.877.903.2133, ext. 5075

Step 4: Contact an Ombuds Service

If your concern remains unresolved after contacting Home Trust’s Ombudsman, you may contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) as outlined below. Please note that you may contact OBSI earlier than Step 4 as described in the ‘Timelines’ section.

Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments
401 Bay Street
Suite 1505, P.O. Box 5
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2Y4

Telephone:   1.888.451.4519
Fax:                 1.888.422.2865

Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
If your complaint involves Home Trust’s obligations under the Trust and Loan Companies Act (Canada), such as providing you with information about fees, interest rates or these complaint procedures, you may contact the FCAC at any time.

Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
Enterprise Building, 6th Floor
427 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1R 1B9

Telephone:   1.866.461.3222

For more information about our products and contact information, visit or call 1-877-903-2133.

In The News

In The News

Get to know more about our story with current news, articles, announcements and videos.

Home Capital Group Inc.

Home Capital Group

Home Trust is a federally regulated trust company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Home Capital Group Inc., a publicly held company that trades on the TSX under the symbol HCG.