Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
The following instruments and/or products are deposits eligible for deposit insurance from the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, subject always to maximum coverage limitations as outlined in their brochure “Protecting Your Deposits“. Provided they are payable in Canada:
Term Deposits and Guaranteed Investment Certificate
- Short-term Deposit (non-registered/RSP/LIRA/LRSP)
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (all plans)
- Cashable GIC (non-registered)
- High Interest Savings Account
- Oaken Savings Account
- Mortgage Tax Account
- Visa* Card Security Deposit
Not Directly Available to Depositor
- Suspense Accounts
- Unclaimed Cheques
- Items in Transit
*Visa Int./Home Trust Company, licensed user of mark.
Copies of “Protecting Your Deposits – CDIC Information” and “CDIC Membership” are available at each Home Trust office location.